I'm surprised and thrilled by your response to this post--and a teeny bit relieved that you 'got it'. I really have the coolest bunch of readers!
To those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, catch up by reading my "Top Ten Things To Expect When Dining With A Food Blogger". Consider it a little weekend reading and do NOT skip the hilarious fifty or so comments where food bloggers bare their souls and make some surprising confessions.
Here are a few of my favorites:
"Great post. I also get 'Aren't you taking a photo for your blog? Is our food not good enough to blog?' when we are dining at friend's houses."
Ouch! Is there any good answer to that question, Barbara? My pet peeve is when we're dining out with friends and they gush over their Chicken Parmesan "Ohh, take a picture of this for your blog!"
Why? Because people have never seen melted cheese sprinkled with parsley before?
"I don't take photos when guests, even family, are visiting, though my husband asks me constantly, 'Did you photograph that?' before I serve anything to company. It's almost embarrassing!"
As if we would forget, right? That's when you blush, smile, and pretend you have no idea what he is talking about.
(at her child) " 'Hold on! Mommy forgot to take a picture! Can you please slide over? I need more light I know, you're hungry. Mommy is hungry too.' "
Kim! Are you scarring you children? Making them go hungry for the sake of a blog? Don't worry, sweetie, we've all been there.
Ah, we can't take ourselves too seriously now, can we?
Here are Ten Things I've Learned About Food Bloggers since writing the aforementioned post:
- We can laugh at ourselves. This is healthy.
- Our significant others put up with a LOT.
- We are dedicated to our craft, sometimes at the expense of family & friends.
- Surprisingly, some of us tend to be shy about working in front of guests.
- We have resigned ourselves to eating cold food. Now if only our S.O. would too; life would be so much easier.
- Somehow, this food blogging thing is having an effect on our young children and they may need some therapy later.
- We dream of a studio with good lighting, but for the most part, shoot on makeshift sets at random places all over the house.
- We know we're a little wacky.
- We're longing for summer with its lengthy evenings of soft natural light.
- Our kids are aspiring food bloggers (or think they are).
It seems we have a lot to get off our chests.
Stay tuned, I have a bevvy of desserts lined up for the week ahead. Brace yourselves!
For now, I've got to get going on chili for about 40 people. We're co-hosting a sledding party this weekend and I think I may even dust off my snowboard!
Have a great weekend!