Danny and I enjoyed this salad al fresco for lunch; the fragrance of grilled peaches wafted up from our plates and we clinked our glasses in a toast to summer and the quiet of our leafy backyard.
It was great to travel to Maine last month, but there's no place like home - especially if these salads keep coming and the sun stays out...
This is another easy summer grilling idea from Sobeys! (here was the first)
Well, they suggested the delightful combination of sweet peaches and salty haloumi, I added in the peppery arugula to round out this pretty salad. The result is a delightful trio of favors, brought together by a light, but potent, lemon and olive oil vinaigrette.
It's a super salad, and with Ontario peaches making their way into stores and markets here in Quebec, there's no better time to try this dish.
Grilled Peach & Haloumi Salad with Arugula
- 1 pkg (250g) Le Bedouin Haloumi, drained, patted dry and sliced in 5-6 slices
- 4 Compliments Peaches, washed, pitted & quartered
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Compliments honey
- 1 Tablespoon Compliments fresh thyme
- 100 g organic baby arugula
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat grill while you whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, honey and fresh thyme in a bowl.
2. Toss peach segments in the vinaigrette and place on grill. Grill both peaches and haloumi for about five minutes, rotating them as needed, until they show lovely grill marks and both have softened.
3. Toss arugula with remaining vinaigrette and arrange on four plates or a serving platter.
4. Arrange grilled peaches on bed of arugula and top with haloumi. Serve warm.
*Disclaimer: So, yep, the folks at Sobeys sent me a gift card and I went shopping for ingredients! Everything to make this meal was purchased at my local IGA, including the Complements products.
You can find plenty more inspiration for summer meals on their website.