Place: Pentiction, BC, Canada
Occupation: Chef/Owner Joy Road Catering
- What is your earliest childhood food memory? My mom made me a Darth Vader birthday cake once. That was pretty cool.
- What did you eat today? An almond and chocolate croissant, a plain croissant, a plum doughnut and tea for breakfast. For lunch I had steak tartar with fries and a warm spinach and poached egg salad. For supper, Swiss fondue; feta and roasted Portobello salad with sherry-braised shallots, and for dessert, lemon almond polenta cake.
- What will your kids never be allowed to eat? Spammy white bread and margarine
- What do you always have on hand in your fridge? Grainy mustard, farm fresh eggs
- What is your beverage of choice? Organic beer
- If you could have dinner with anyone in the history of man, who would it be? Ernest Hemmingway
- Ok, it’s your last meal ever, what do you have? Oysters in the half shell, foie gras torchon, steak tartar, and cheese course.