There's nothing like a bout of sickness to make one acutely aware of what really matters in life.
We tend to take our health for granted-until we get sick, that is, and then we're begging to be able to enjoy life's little pleasures. Recently flattened by a vicious bout of stomach flu, I had plenty of time to reflect while lying in bed on what really makes me happy.
Thanks to Lynn from Cookie Baker Lynn who passed along this award recently and named Under the High Chair a blog that makes her happy. Yay!
For this award we are supposed to list 10 things that make us happy and then give the award to ten bloggers who brighten our day.
Ten Things That Make Me Happy
1. My boys.
2. A good book. Currently reading: A Homemade Life by Molly Wisenberg, The Gastronomical Me by MFK Fisher, Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder (with Noah).
4. My kitchen. Everything about it, from the view out the windows to its entertainment-friendly layout.
5. Enjoying nature and passing my love for it onto my children.
6. My faith.
8. Raucous ultra-competitive game nights with friends--usually Agricola or Settlers of Catan.
10. Connecting with family-over coffee, around the table, over the phone or online. Always with good food involved...
OK, so we're supposed to pass the award along to ten bloggers that make us happy. Easier said than done, as I have so many favorites, and ten is just not enough.
Regardless, here are ten who I am passing this award onto and you should check out: